Types of Permit

  • Building Permit
  • Building Operation Permit
  • Planning Permit



Any person or organization who has legal title to immobile property or plot of land and intends to develop, redevelop/renovate or change its use.


Purchase the Building Permit Application Form (BPA) and TCP Form 1 from Juaben Municipal Assembly.


The prospective developer must have the following:

Clearance letter after official search on status of land from Lands Commission/Land Title Registry upon issuance of a search letter.
 Three (3) sets of working drawings with the following requirements;
i. Site Plan (scale 1:1:250 or 1:2, 500)
ii. Building, Fence, and Block Plans (scale not less than) 1:20 or 1:40 or metric equivalent 1:1000 & 1:2000).
Building Permit Application Form and Physical Planning Department Form 1.
Ensure that the underlisted professionals sign the various plans to be attached to the Building Permit Application.
i. Professional Town Planner to sign the Block Plan
ii.Architect or Licensed draughtsman for Architectural plans.
iii. Civil or Structural Engineer for structural drawings for Three (3) storey and above.

Please Note: You may have to provide the following reports if your development is a multi-storey structure or complex: Environmental Impact Assessment Report, Structural Report, Fire Service report, Hydro Report, geological Report or Traffic Management Report.


Submit completed forms with all other requirements as specified in the Building Permit Application and TCP 1 Forms to the officer in charge at the Development control office Room 47.
On submission, applicant is informed of corrections to be made or additions if any; the processing fee and date for inspection of site (if necessary).


Team of officers from Physical Planning and Works Departments inspects the site with the Developer within two (2) weeks of receipt of application to confirm the site as shown on the Site Plan and its suitability for the proposed development.
The Statutory Planning Committee Secretary (Municipal Physical Planning Officer) process the application within two (2) weeks after inspection of site.
Technical Committee meets to evaluate the application, visits site and makes recommendation to the Statutory Planning Committee (SPC) within four (4) weeks after inspection of site.
Statutory Planning Committee considers the Development Applications within fourteen (14) working days after the Technical Committee meeting.
The Statutory Planning Committee Secretary submits approved plans to the Municipal Works Department for issuing of development permit within five (5) working days.


 Receipt issued as payment for processing fee is NOT a Building Permit.
 Permit can be obtained within the stipulated three (3) month subject to proper title to land and standard drawings,
 Building Permit is valid for five (5) years. Applicants who do not start or complete their project within five (5) years must apply for renewal of Permit.
 Development must conform to the approved Planning Scheme.
 Fees charge are subject to change and regulated by Fee Fixing Resolution adopted by the General Assembly annually.
 Do not make any false declaration on your application else your application shall be rejected.



You can visit the Assembly premises to purchase an application form from the Physical Planning Department.
Complete in full the application form and submit it to the Physical Planning Office at the Assembly’s premises.
The individuals Must have registered with the Registrar General’s Department and have been issued with Business Registration Certificate. Registration Certificate from other recognized bodies as may be applicable. Tax clearance Certificate from Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
 A joint team from Finance Department, Environmental Health Division and City Engineer’s outfit will inspect the premises of the applicant within 5 business days of submission of application. The inspection team makes appropriate recommendations to the Assembly within 2 business days from the day of their inspection. Upon approval by the Assembly, license is issued to applicant at a prescribed fee.


Local Plans

Scroll to Top